The $200 million renovation and expansion of this 1906 power station is going up in 2 phases. Phase one consists of 11 stories, 240,000 sq. ft. and 177 residences. Phase two will include a Smithsonian-affiliated museum, a 168-room hotel and a conference facility. Retaining some of its exterior architecture the building was provided with temporary bracing of all masonry walls and elevation and reuse of the existing pile and mat foundations. WA limited column loads to meet and designed the reinforcement, shoring, bracing, needling and reconstruction of existing masonry walls where new architecture was required.